LIBERTY FONTENAY H. 120cm FRANCESCO MARINO DI TEANA
- Dimensions : 120 × 54 × 50 cm
- Year : 1988-90
- Material : Corten steel
- Signature : Signed with the artist's stamp
- Ton : Dark
- Thèmes : Architecture Geometric abstraction
- Mouvement : Abstract art
Referenced in the artist's Catalogue Raisonné under N°901- LOFT Editions, 2018, edited by Nicolas Marino di Teana and Malika VINOT
Public collections (dates of acquisition) :
- 1982: Clermont Ferrand, National Institute of the Training of the National Police, (INFPN), (H_432 cm)
- 1989-91: City of Fontenay-sous-bois, Rond Point Général Charles de Gaulle (H_21 m)
- 1990: Municipality of Chiaramonte, Basilicata, Italy (H_12 cm)
- 1997: City of Neuchâtel (Switzerland), "Homage to Marcel Joray", esplanade of the Hotel Beau Rivage (H_216 cm)
Publications (several formats) :
- Francesco Marino di Teana - Plastiken 1955 bis 1985, Gemälde und Architekturmodelle, book realized on the occasion of the exhibition at the Modern Gallery of the Saare Museum, Saarebruck (Germany), 1987, B&W reproduction pp.60-61 under the title "Maquette pour un mémorial"
- Di Teana, Blacksmith of his time", Marc Gaillard, Revue L'oeil, July-August 1987, p.60
- Giovanni Percoco, Marino di Teana, Lo Spazio plasmatico, Potenza, 1989, B&W reproduction p.176 and p.186
- Dominique Dalemont, Les sculpteurs du métal, 66 portraits d'artistes, Somogy editions d'art, p.212
- Marino di Teana, the superb utopia of the aesthetic", Jean-Luc Épivent, review L'Empreinte, architecture, comfort, economy, N°15, December 1991
- Sculpture, Marcel Joray alongside "his" artists", L'express, Neuchâtel, Switzerland, 1997.
- "L'humaniste di Teana donne priorité à l'espace", interview in the periodical Notre ville, 20 March 1997, Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
- "The tribute of Marino di Teana", Maurice Cordon, Tribute to Fontenay, July 1990
- Marino di Teana, In steel I write your name, Freedom", Jean-Pierre Maillard, XYZ Magazine N°87, June 2001, pp.60-61
- Marino di Teana, Filosofo dello spazio", book realized on the occasion of the Arte Fiera of Bologna, 2011, color reproduction (cover)
- Marino di Teana, Paintings, drawings, sculptures", catalog of the exhibition at the Michèle Broutta Gallery, March 21 - April 21, 2007, color reproduction (cover)
- "Francesco Marino di Teana, Plastiken 1955-1985, Paintings and architectural models", Modern Gallery of the Saare Museum, Saarebruck (Germany), 1987.
- European meeting of contemporary sculpture", City of Bois-Guillaume (76), from March 16 to April 26, 1992, B&W reproduction in the catalog
- L'Imaginaire de MARINO DI TEANA, Carte Blanche à Artcurial", Exhibition rooms of the Theâtre Municipal de BRIVE, June 27 - September 13, 1992, (color reproduction in the catalog)
- "La MAIF accueille la sculpture", Siège social de la MAIF, Niort (79), from May 12 to June 12, 1994, color reproduction in the catalog p.26.
«ONE HUNDRED TONS OF CORTEN STEEL»
Let us now stop at Fontenay-sous-Bois, near Paris. In 1990 the artist built the perhaps most impressive of his forty-five or fifty monumental sculptures: “Liberty”. Numbers are telling: it took almost three years of hard work, it was developed through four or five different projects, fly upwards, with more than twenty meters-high and will have required one hundred and ten tons of Corten steel. Although placed in a rather ordinary location, at the crossroads of several practically interchangeable arteries, it gives a grandiose impression of powerful breathing. Vigor, balance, majesty, interior light emanating from an admirable structuration: the master’s signature is there, identified by the orthogonal momentum and by the subtle alternation of curved planes and straight lines. Like the soft wing of a bird brushing past, we get the insidious but very insistent feeling that the author of this composition is imbued with nostalgia for the epoch of cathedrals»
Jean-Luc Épivent, The Footprint
Quote from the catalog raisonné, LOFT Editions, 2018, edited by Nicolas Marino di Teana and Malika VINOT p 348.
The same artist